Moolah just reached it’s first key milestone – it’s reached “data parity” with the old version. Basically it has enough functionality that it’s viable to import the data from the old version and get the same balances and totals. Using real data that’s been generated over the last 5 years has revealed a few important things.
- The balances add up so things really are working
- It really does load way faster
- The old version allowed some data inconsistencies that the new version will prevent
- There’s quite a few features still missing from the display – more than I’d realised
- There’s a few places that are much slower than expected because of some rather careless algorithm/data structure choices. Fortunately there’s some trivial changes that should give pretty dramatic improvements.
The next major milestone will be when I can actually switch over from the old system. Hopefully that’s not too far off.